Relocating Employees During Difficult Times
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Step one when relocating personnel, specifically throughout a health crisis such at COVID-19, will be to organize properly. When coming up with a plan, the following measures are crucial:
· Develop a directory of all personnel both inside of and outside the country. Incorporate all personnel contacts and locations on the listing, as well as the place that the worker needs to move to.
· Create a dedicated communication channel that serves the full organization to ensure that all transferring workers receive pertinent messages and provide feedback.
· Set up a crisis board to liaise along with the top management and obtain solutions for relocations. This board ought to do a deep dive on each transfer to research all possibilities extensively whilst keeping all government directives in view.
· Partner with different travel firms as well as a moving company in Houston for travel notifications.
· Keep all government guidelines concerning social distancing, crucial services, and also travel restrictions in view when you organize.
· Establish guidelines that support remote working to establish social distancing, if necessary. Policies which increase your staff's probability of getting coronavirus should be removed.
· Identify clear policies that assist workers. Give thought to developing a fund for hardship premiums for workers in locations where necessities are challenging to obtain because of constrained supplies or perhaps the increase in costs.
· Acknowledge that a number of relocations will have to be postponed until workers have safe areas to work.
· If transfer is necessary, limit it to critical personnel. The plan also needs to confirm security measures to be taken before, throughout, and after the trip to make sure that all workers stay safe.
· Go over moving selections with your professional moving company partner. The moving company in Houston should have a plan set to keep both their workforce as well as your staff safe during the entire relocation process.
· Examine your relocation policy together with your professional movers in Houston to make sure that your workers are given the greatest value from your relocation budget.
Ready to Relocate?
At A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Houston, we understand that transfer of employees is usually challenging anytime, but can be much more difficult during a worldwide crisis. We're taking needed safeguards to make sure you as well as your workers remain safe. Give us a call today for additional info on all your relocation needs.
Request a free quote