What to Expect with Your International Residential Move
International moves have a tendency to be fatiguing. Make no mistake, we’ll expertly handle the difficulties, seeing as how we’ve relocated people across oceans and continents for so long. It really doesn’t matter if you’re moving from Houston to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the states to anywhere else – we’ll get your household where it’s got to go. We accept full responsibility for your international move all through …
The Moving Process
Here are the steps you can rely on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, in particular, you’ll want to know right away what such a move will cost. Get on the phone with us. Speak with us. Advise us on where you’ve got to go, when you would prefer to or must go, and what type of a move you’d want us to manage for you. Reflecting our long experience with global moving, we’ll give you a free ballpark estimate. This might or might not be the final price. Additional consultation with you will help decide that. But at least you’ll have a reasonable awareness of what to expect, finance-wise, in advance of signing a contract.
The Home Survey
To arrive at a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we need to do an inventory of the belongings you’ll be shipping. We give you two options for accomplishing this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator gives you a visit to consult with you on numerous aspects of your move, conduct a walk-through of your home, and take that inventory of your possessions.
- By means of your mobile phone, you link to our estimator and handle your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need freighted.
The Written Estimate
Once we’ve initially spoken with you and analyzed your Home Survey results, we’re ready deliver a more precise, written estimate of what you’ll pay for your international move. It takes into account everything associated with your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve chosen.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which describes locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve selected, safety and insurance provisions, the cost, and other specifics. Signing it attests that you approve of our terms and pricing and permits us to book your move.
The Move Plan
To reassure you of an international move that’s smooth, safe, and problem-free, we assign you a Move Concierge – your very own, exclusive representative and counselor. He or she will guide you in planning your move from start to finish. In your first get-together, your Move Concierge will …
- establish your move dates,
- confirm the addresses involved stateside and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- affirm which of our services you’ll be opting,
- provide preparatory counsel in what’s likely in store for you during your move, and
- provide answers to your questions.
From here on, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can depend on him or her being well apprised of the difficulties of international and alerting you properly – particularly on customs laws from one country to another. As well as divulging vital information on your particular destination country, he or she also can help you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other needed international paperwork.
Then, as the move gets underway, your Move Concierge will keep you well informed of the latest developments.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date approaches, we’ll email or call you to make sure you’re still “good to go” with it, per the plan. We’ll vet dates, times, locations, and everything else associated with your establishing a new home in a new country.
Our packing options are offered to more fittingly accommodate your needs and budget.
- Choose to pack everything yourself; if you want, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Choose to have our movers assist in the packing. Or
- Elect to begin packing yourself and allow us help you by packing specialty items.
By whatever method you prefer to have your packing handled, our past clients will attest that we understand foreign customs laws and will make sure that your shipments comply. That includes seeing that packed items are loaded into the proper overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew arrive at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and perform a walk-through, getting familiar with your house and the furnishings and personal effects you’re transporting.
Next, they’ll perform certain actions to safeguard your home while the move-out is underway. They’ll pad stair rails, tight corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll lay carpet covers to keep floors free of dirt and damage .
In loading your belongings onto the truck, our crew will ensure that moving boxes are labeled and catalogued by room to assist in their proper placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else requires disassembly will be taken apart by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew runs quality checks and keeps in communication with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
After we’ve gotten your belongings safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews get it unloaded with extreme care. Included in our destination-country delivery services are …
- the use of protection pads and carpet covers to ensure that your new home remains unsoiled and undamaged while the move-in is underway,
- systematic unloading – unloading your belongings into the rooms you want them in, at your direction,
- reassembling those things that were disassembled for the move,
- unpacking – all you have to do is tell us; we’ll take care of it, and
- debris removal – where, if you want, we’ll dispose of all the empty moving boxes and supplies when the unpacking is finished.
The Post-Move Follow-up
Upon completion of your international move, your Move Concierge will contact you to ...
- go over it with you,
- determine how accurately we provided the services you opted for
- discuss any unresolved issues, and
- THANK YOU for choosing A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote