By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving generally is one of the most hectic things you have to do. It uses your free time, and although it works out in the end, it can lead to the necessity to find a punching bag or take up yoga.
Being a professional moving company in Houston, we've seen a myriad of moves, both simple and frantic, and we have some recommendations that can help you avoid the stress of moving.
1. Accept that the pressure exists. Denying that you are currently pressured could make you more stressed. Stress is usual and natural and working through it will require acknowledging it is present.
2. Grant yourself plenty of time to get all the things accomplished. It can take many people a couple of days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four for two bedrooms, or five to six for 3 bedrooms. For those who have a lot of stuff, then it could take a bit longer. If you have to get moving cartons, make sure to order or buy them well ahead of time, and have a plan for if you run out. Consult with your local moving company in Houston, as they could have used boxes around. Plan the utility changeover well ahead of time. It's also wise to allow for a couple of days to clean the home you're departing.
3. Have a plan. Work out how you should plan things to get the best results. A number of people need to have lots of to-do lists, lots of people could search for a moving app for their smartphone. Establish due dates for each phase of the move and set them early enough that blowing them will not be a catastrophe. Furthermore have a distinct plan for what's going inside which box. Tag your cartons plainly and consistently, so you can explain the labels to the movers. Label everything that is breakable. Plan precisely what space everything is going into in the new home and label boxes properly. Most professional movers will happily set everything marked "Kitchen" in the kitchen area for you.
4. Never be afraid to ask for aid or hire a moving company to help. Don't do all the things on your own. Younger kids can help, although you may need to find suitable bribes to encourage them. Ask your buddies and relatives for help. Hire professional movers in Houston to move the furniture, though, instead of relying on anyone's goodwill. In case you are busy and might manage it, contemplate hiring the moving company to complete some or all the packing also.
5. Be ready to let things go. Moving is definitely an excuse to eliminate things that happen to be sitting in your house quite a while because of absolute inertia. If you have a worn-out piece of furniture, at this point could be the time to kick it to the curb and get a replacement after you move. Electronics that will not work? Books you have not read in ten years? Things you utterly failed to remember you had? Sell what you can and give away the rest. Pick a charitable organization that does pick up if at all possible.
6. Be sure to allow for recovery time. Moving can take over your life. A lot of people realize they don't have sufficient time to get enough rest throughout the move. Or they do not do anything whatsoever but work, move, and be worried about the move. Allow a bit of slack with your schedule allowing you to get out for a meal, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
7. If relocating to a different neighborhood or a new city, be a tourist for a bit. Spend some time looking for places to eat you simply must try, attractions you would like to go to. Create a list of the places to eat and select one you really like the thought of, then arrange to visit the day after you move when you do not have your kitchen unpacked yet.
8. Remain fit. Moving boxes might help your exercise regime, but if you do a morning walk, keep doing your morning workout. If you need to pack your exercise equipment, get a temporary replacement. Maybe get a free trial at a fitness center. At the very least, take a swift stroll each day to emerge from the moving chores. Workouts are proven to reduce stress.
Moving can be stressful, however the 8 ideas above can help you lessen the stress and turn it into an adventure. Keep in mind that professional movers can assist with just as much or as little of the move as required, and your local mover in Houston could be a terrific resource for anything from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, don't forget this is a temporary situation and your life will get back to normal quickly enough.
Request a free quote