Moving & Stress: Do They Have to Go Hand in Hand?
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
As a professional moving company in Houston, we've witnessed all varieties of moves, both smooth as well as chaotic, and we would like to provide some tips that might help you steer clear of the stress of moving.
· Understand that the stress is normal. Denying that you are stressed will make you additionally stressed. Stress is usual as well as natural, and sifting your way through it will require acknowledging it exists.
· Try to allow yourself adequate time to get everything done. It will take a lot of people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. When you possess a bunch of things, then it might likely take even longer. When you require moving boxes, make sure to purchase them well ahead and have a plan for if you don’t have enough. Check with your local moving company in Houston, as they could have used boxes available. You should also plan a day or two to clean the home you are departing.
· Create a plan. Work out how you want to prepare everything for the ideal result. There are people who need lots of to-do lists, others may look to find a moving app for their cell phone. Set deadlines for each stage of the move and set them soon enough that blowing them will not be a a total meltdown. Also, think about what needs to be put into which carton. Label your cartons plainly as well as consistently, so you can explain your labels to the professional movers in Houston. Label everything that is fragile. Plan what room belongings are going into in the new house and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in Houston will gladly put everything labeled "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Don't be afraid to ask for assistance or hire a moving company to assist. You don't need to handle the entire move yourself. Ask your friends and extended family members for help. Find professional movers in Houston for the heavy lifting, though, rather than banking on anyone's goodwill. In the event you are busy and can afford it, give some thought to employing the moving company in Houston to do some or all the packing, too.
· Be open to let things go. Moving will be a great reason to get rid of things which have been existing in your house a long time out of sheer apathy. If you have a beyond “normal” use piece of furniture, now may be the right time to find it a new home and purchase a replacement once you move. Old cell phones that don't work? Books you have not looked at in ten years? Something you completely forgot you even had? Sell the items that you can and donate everything else.
· Make certain to allow for downtime. Moving will take over your existence. A lot of folks discover they do not have time to obtain enough sleep throughout the move. Or they might not do anything accept work, move, and then worry about the move. Allow some breathing room in your schedule so you might have a moment to go out for lunch, take the kids to a fun activity, etc.
· In the event you are moving to a new neighborhood or a new town, be a tourist in the new town for a bit. Spend some time looking for eateries you need to try and attractions you want to check out. Make a list of those diners and select one that is at the top of the list, then plan to eat there the day after you move when you don't have your dishes unpacked yet.
Moving is usually stressful, however these tips may help reduce the stress and even turn it into an adventure. Don’t forget that professional movers in Houston will assist with as much or as little of the move as needed, and your local mover in Houston should be a super resource for everything from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Additionally, keep in mind this is a temporary condition and your world will return to normal very soon.
Request a free quote