Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY MAKE YOURSELF READY: Nope, you do not have to do sit-ups or run laps around the block. This tip encourages you to hire professional movers in Houston. Hiring a moving company allows you to have additional help from professionals, who specialize in packing, moving things, and time management. Professional movers in Houston should carefully pack your home, disassemble furniture, and securely wrap your extra fragile possessions. Having local professional movers in Houston around on your moving day is a great way to circumvent injuries. They should lift all the weighty things, leaving the lighter possessions and also simple clean-up to you.
- USE THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT: Using the correct moving equipment is one of the best methods to avoid injuries while moving. When talking to the moving company in Houston, make sure that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move simpler, such as an appliance dolly. Not only can this assist the movers, but the equipment will additionally save you time, as stuff will be moved at a faster clip.
- DO NOT OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each space of your cartons may seem like a good idea, however packing them too heavy makes them more difficult to pick up, as well as puts a strain on the legs, arms, and also back. An injury can be unavoidable when you lift more weight than you can manage. It also makes the job more difficult for everyone who is helping you to complete the move. Pack boxes the right way, making sure the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Houston can work quickly and also efficiently on moving day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a normal lifting practice and is a great way to avoid injury to your neck and also spine. Sustain a wide base of support, by placing your feet shoulder-width apart and also flat on the ground. Then, bend down into a squat so you are mostly using your legs while you move upward. Lastly, keep your back straight, as well as breathe as you lift the thing.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND ALSO WALKWAYS CLEAR: Although this may appear like something basic, quite a few people will be injured by tripping over smaller items on moving day. Steer clear of a stubbed toe or chipped tooth because of an unnecessary fall by keeping all walkways free from clutter. When moving awkward things, it might be difficult to view what is in your way. Steer clear of any accidents by thinking about what is the easiest way to walk when moving your items. When putting safety first, you will minimize the chances that you’ll get injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Houston with professional movers is a safe bet to save time as well as avoid injuries while moving. Contact us today for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote