By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Do you think you're intending to move in the near future? If you are, you're probably overloaded, thinking about all the things you'll need to pack. But not everything you would like to transfer to your new house can or will be moved by your professional movers in Houston
. In other words, there are several belongings that you should move on your own. Here are four of the main types of things your moving company in Houston
can't move, along with some considerations and warnings and how we will assist you.
1. HARMFUL ITEMS
For basic safety reasons, moving companies have a list of hazardous items which they are unable to move. Chemicals interacting with other substances, such as putting paint thinner and also weed killer jointly on a moving truck may result in a disastrous result.
A number of the dangerous items that should not be moved comprise those, like lighter fluid, gas, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, residential cleansing agents, pesticide sprays, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, pool chemicals and also nail polish remover. Make sure to seek the advice of your moving company in Houston for a whole list.
An additional item you shouldn't place in a moving truck is plants. The truth is, there are a few states with policies, concerning certain houseplants that can or cannot cross over a state line. Whilst pests and mites are not an issue in certain states, they may be thought to be incredibly unsafe in other states.
Additionally, most moving companies don't want to move plants since unwanted pests which dwell in the dirt can easily spill into the moving van. Even if your moving company agrees to move your plants, they may not live, particularly when you're moving a long distance since plants require sunshine as well as water. In the event that there isn't room in your vehicle for the plants, why not give them away to your neighbors and friends.
3. ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company says they will carry your special valuables on their moving truck, it is a good idea to keep your important files and photos together with you. The reason being these are typically things which can't be easily replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Houston usually pack most canned food for you, however you should still consider if this is a smart idea. Of course, perishable foods cannot be carried on a moving van. It is a smart idea to donate your perishables in addition to food items in glass jars rather than lugging them with you.
You need to make room in your car for more significant items, and you do not want to worry about accidents from leakages, cracks or mold before getting to your new residence. But boxed and/or canned goods, like herbs and dried fruits can be transported. For any questions regarding which food items that can or can't be moved, make sure you ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to carry your pets together with you and discuss any specific requirements your pet could have with your vet.
· As for alcohol, take into consideration that state laws and regulations regarding alcohol may vary, so it is best to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of supermarket delivery soon after arriving at your new home. You can buy online for food items, paper products, cleaning supplies and other necessities.
· You may put your lawn mower on the moving truck, as long as you've drained the fuel and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's likewise unsafe for you to move hazardous items in your automobile. It's best to simply repurchase them after you arrive at your new home. Put simply, do not take the potential risk of transporting them.
To make moving as seamless as possible, contact us to schedule an appointment and discover more about the wide range of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote