Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
On moving day, the last thing you would like is for things to not go well. Keep reading for several tips on what you might do beforehand to ensure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Several Things to Think About on Moving Day to Help It Go Smoother
- Be certain someone is there: Either you or perhaps a trusted adult needs to be available for the duration of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This can help sidestep any mistakes or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Houston. The movers will likely also be grateful for having someone on hand to answer any questions and provide directions.
- Clear the walkway: Make sure there is a clear path heading to your front door so that the movers can simply maneuver cartons and home furnishings in and out. And, remove any tripping hazards both in and out of the house. This will help thwart any trips or injuries.
- Walk through the home: Once the professional movers in Houston arrive, go through your residence with them and indicate all belongings of special importance or things which won’t be going on the moving vehicle. If you have any valuable belongings you are going to transport with you on the move, be certain they're packed up and out of the way. This includes items such as jewelry, important paperwork, and also family heirlooms. This will ensure that these things are handled with care and also that nothing is forgotten. After the professional movers in Houston have completed loading the moving truck, do a second walkthrough of your house to make sure all things are accounted for.
- Put together a plan: Putting together a general plan for where you want to place things in your new residence makes the moving process much more simple. Make sure to label every box with its contents and which room it should be place in so the movers will be able to easily put all the things in their correct area. For moving day, you will want to have some essentials set aside, such as snacks, bottles of water, toiletries, as well as a change of clothes. Think about putting together a moving day survival box. Put these items up in a bag or box to quickly find them when you require them. Also, be sure you know what needs to be done and when. Creating a timeline can help keep things moving in the right direction.
- Have a plan for kids and pets: If you have children and/or pets, it will be important to have a plan for them for moving day. Make arrangements for someone to babysit them, so they won’t be in the way of the professional movers in Houston.
- Chat with your neighbors: Should you have close neighbors, it would be polite to give them a heads up that there will be a large truck parked on the street and that there may be a bit of noise and commotion throughout the day. This might help sidestep any possible conflict or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on your city or homeowners' association, you may require a permit to park the moving truck in front of your home. Double check with your local authorities to find out if this is something that you need to address.
Need Assistance Getting Started?
Moving day is a hectic and usually stressful time. However by adhering to these tips, you can make the entire process less stressful – both for you and also your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Houston is here to help you each step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in Houston, with more than four decades of experience relocating people smoothly and efficiently. Let us take some of the stress out of moving day for you – call us today!
Request a free quote